Visa Information For Foreigners , 10.05.2012
VISA INFORMATION FOR FOREIGNERS
- Singaporean citizens do not require visa for travelling Turkey. For other nationalities, please check whether you require a visa to visit Turkey at http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa
- If you are transiting to another country via Turkish airports and if you do not intend to go through immigration, you will not need “transit visa”. However, if you plan to make a stop-over in Turkey and stay overnight, then you will require a visa. Cruise passengers coming to a Turkish port of call by a cruise ship and thereafter leave Turkey by the same cruise ship for another country, are exempt from visa for a maximum period of 72 hours (with the permission given by the local security authorities). These passengers are not required to obtain an entry visa to Turkey.
- Ordinary passports holders of some countries are eligible to get their visa at border gates immediately after landing Turkey, and therefore, they do not need to apply for visa at the Turkish Embassy. If you qualify for visa on arrival, you will just need to submit your passport, return ticket, hotel reservation and visa fee and demonstrate allocation of minimum 50 US Dollars per day during your stay in Turkey. Please note that nationals of Bangladesh, India and Pakistan are eligible for visa on arrival if they currently have a valid visa for USA, UK or Schengen states (in the case that aforementioned visas are affixed to your old passport, please carry them along with your new passport if your visa/s are still valid).
The list of eligible countries and visa fees at the border gates for 2012 are available at http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-fees-at-border-gates-for-2010.en.mfa Please note that this list is still valid for 2012.
- If you do need visa for travelling Turkey and you make sure that you do not qualify for visa on arrival at border gates, you are required to apply in person or through travel agency with the documents listed below:
1) Clearly filled Application Form (available at http://www.mfa.gov.tr/data/konsolosluk/visaform.doc)
2) One 5x5 size photograph (taken in the last 6 months)
3) Copies and original of your passport and resident card (PR/employment/student/dependent pass)
4) Employment letter from your company in Singapore (copies are not accepted)
5) Flight itinerary
6) Confirmation of hotel reservation
7) Recent bank statements produced in the last 3 months (if travelling for touristic purposes)
8) Fee for single entry visa is 77 SGD and for multiple entry visa 257 SGD
- Visa applications require a minimum of 3 days for processing and you are advised to apply at least one month before your intended date of travel.
- We are closed on the these days: http://www.singapur.be.mfa.gov.tr/ContactInfo.aspx Please note that our working hours are as follows:
Submission of applications/documents to Consular Section: 09:30-12:00
Collection of visas/passports/documents from Consular Section: 14:30-16:30
We wish you a pleasant stay in Turkey.
NOTES FOR SPECIAL CASES:
- People who are offered an employment contract in Turkey should apply for “work visa” and fill in a special application from. In addition to original passport and photograph, they should also submit a copy of signed employment contact and letter of invitation. The issue of work permit by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security may take 6-8 weeks after the application has been lodged.
- People who are accepted by Turkish universities or going to Turkey for an internship should also apply for a special education/internship visa. In addition to original passport and photograph, they should submit letter or acceptance by Turkish university and letter of enrollment by Singaporean university.
- Holders of work and education/internship visas must apply to the Alien’s Branch of Local Security Department (Emniyet Mudurlugu Yabancilar Subesi) within 30 days upon their arrival at Turkey to obtain a residence permit.
- For domestic helpers that are accompanying employers to Turkey, a guarantee letter must be endorsed from Notary Public and approved by Singapore Academy of Law.